Thread: Lost the urge
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 04:41 AM
yobrosew

A quilt is a big commitment and the mojo to see through to completion is a stumbling block for so many that eventually turns into a task to finally get done; the initial enthusiasm turns to a heavy burden. For awhile, pick little hour or two-hour projects, from start to finish; any project not just a quilting one. This happened to me with cooking a few years back and that was not a good thing as I had a family at home. But know matter what I did, I dreaded the whole process; tried new stove-nope. Tried new cookbooks-nope (stupid idea as I don't use recipes anyways). Tried stripping and re-doing the cabinets-nope and I lost interest halfway through so went over a year without door fronts! Then, one day daughter came over and was shocked that I had no door fronts and everything inside the cabinets was in a disarray,for the world to see. She just rearranged, cleaned, and reorganized all the cupboards; completely different than they had been set up for years. Strange. I got my interest back. Fresh start or something. Don't think I would have felt that way if I had done the organizing. So, which one of us are gonna come over and redo your quilting set-up? lol. Prayers and blessings as you wait this new season of life out. How long has it been since you have not been deadlined to get all the holiday projects/gifts completed? Enjoy. Let us all do your worrying and you just relax.