Old 11-15-2013, 04:27 PM
dublb

Tuesday I experimented w/the grid method again. I tried "Tear & Wash" by Pellon. It has 2 layers, a paper one & then the water soluble one. I wanted ta make a 12" block. I drew a 2" grid on the water soluble side w/a very fine Sharpie. Then I placed my pieces on the grid. Now here is my second change came inta the trial. I already know (from other experiments) that you have ta be careful w/glue & water soluble products. So I tried 505 spray adhesive. After I attached the pieces ta the grid, I folded it & realized that the paper on the back was goin' ta affect my 1/4" seam allowance. I took the paper off. Here is where my problems began. I could only sew about 2" ta 4" at a time. My needles kept gummin' up. Now I've used 505 several times since I bought it in Jan & never had this problem before. Is it the Tear & Wash & does it need the paper ta be sewn on, or did the 505 & the Tear & Wash react ta each other? I want buy some o' those wipes from the medical supply store that ya use ta git adhesive bandages off with. Taday I went ta 2 medical supply stores & didn't find any adhesive remover. This experiment is for my Nov MB. I guess I'll try ta use rubbin' alcohol.