Old 11-16-2013, 06:22 AM
Lyncat

Default Finally finished 22 years later with a happy ending

I started making this baby quilt in 1991. My sister had tried for years to get pregnant, but none of the fertility techniques worked. She and her husband decided to adopt, and finally got a beautiful baby girl who was given the name Annie. The nursery had a Noah's Ark theme. We quickly bonded with this wonderful little girl, but 3 weeks later they found out that the mother had lied about the father of the baby on the birth certificate. The biological father (not an upstanding citizen) said he was going to get custody. The only way to prevent this was for my sister to give the baby back to the biological mother. What a heartbreaking time it was. (It still brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it.) I put the almost finished quilt away because I didn't have the heart to finish it. It's been folded on a hanger in my closet for all these years.
Fast forward to the present...my close friend who is like a sister to me just got a new adorable grandson who was named Noah. I thought about making him a quilt, and realized I already had the perfect baby quilt for him. I talked to my sister, and she agreed that it was the perfect happy ending for the little quilt. It's all finished and ready to be delivered today.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg