View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013, 04:26 PM
bigsister63

I only use 505 spray adhesive and love it. I clamp the backing onto a piece of 4 x6 plywood with large binder clips, lay the batting on top, fold half way down spray the BACKING and then smooth out the batting, repeat for the other side. I then lay the quilt top on the pieces, fold the top half way down, spray the TOP and then smooth. I then do the other half. As I do the other half I unclip the finished part and then clip the entire sandwich on to the board with the unsandwich part now on the board ready to be sprayed. On the 2nd part I have to fold the cloth back lengthwise instead of across.
Also I do not center by backing on the board. I lay it one edge of the backing on the board so the backing is about 2/3 on the board. I let the rest hang down until I sandwich the 1st part and then only have to move the sandwich 1 time instead of having to center the parts, and then more them 2 more tme to complete the sandwich. If you do it this way besure that you have plenty of backing/batting to fit under the top. I would also use this same method of laying out the backing if I was going to use pins or ding it on a samller table. .
Spray basting is really nice since the fabrics do not move much and it is so much lighter than with pins.
My large plywood board is on a brown table and kept up all te time.