Old 12-06-2009, 04:58 PM
sew cornie

Hi Jen,

I received the center you sent yesterday. Now for the dumb question, I don't understand what you meant by turning the center on point and adding corner triangles. Can you please describe how this is done? I feel soooo stupid for asking, but this one may look beautiful on point. I just want to try it to see.

Thank you[/quote]

Not a dumb question at all Suzi. Rather than looking at the center straight on as a square, turning it on point is to turn the center as a diamond. Then you create a square by adding corners to the diamond. I'll try to add a link here for an example. In Group 3, Lacelady made her center to be on point. Butterflyspain added corners to it. It's now ready for the next person to add a regular border. While Lacelady intentionally made hers this way, some squares, (such as mine you just sent off to Lori or the one you just received) could be fine with either a straight border, or turned on point to create a center diamond for the overall quilt. I hope I didn't just confuse things further. According to the rules, this was an option for Rounds 1 & 2, in place of the 3" or 5" borders. Here's the link and if I didn't do this right, then you can go to Group 3's thread, page 15, and scroll down to where Butterflyspain posted a picture of what she added to Lacelady's. I guess this is clear as mud. Let me know if I need to try again to explain.

www.quiltingboard.com/t-26703-16.htm