Old 11-17-2013, 09:36 AM
Honchey

GrannyQ, So sorry to hear about DH not doing well...Hope you're not overdoing anything to keep yourself from staying strong..
Anael, hope you're doing okay too!...

Dublb, I don't have a problem with the religious aspect in a block...

I have a fairly new neighbor that I approached about the internet and as you can see I'm online..She won't accept anything but If I slip an envelope with some $$ in it under her door when she's not home..I'm hoping she will accept it...

Our Village Stitchers group is making a quilt for an event in March or April and I'm making 2 blocks for it..will post a photo later...The event is called "Relay for Life"....several of the women in the Village are running in this event and the quilt is to be a fund raiser for Cancer Research...

DH and I joined the local library and I found a quiltin book that has a pretty Christmas wall haning in it..the patterns are in a folded paper that is attached to the book...can I remove the pattern paper and then tape it back after using it??? How else would I be able to use the patterns???

As far as using tissue paper for stabilizer....no, no, no, it's way too thin and it tears too easy...the tissue paper inches up underneath and causes the fabric to wrinkle...I know 'cause it happened to me..I even tried telephone pages without much luck..that's not to say it won't work for anyone else..it's just my experience I'm talking about...an added thought..using a walking foot might help with tissue paper.

QNS...I was just talking to DH about new projects with our group and he makes fun of me...asking me if Dear Jane was like a "Dear John"!!!!

I have to finish the second block and do some final touches on my MB for _ _ _ _ _ ... see you all later today...

Last edited by Honchey; 11-17-2013 at 09:42 AM.