Old 11-17-2013, 10:52 AM
oksewglad
Power Poster

I have been checking in now and again to keep up with everyone's goings on. Hope you felt me in the group hugs.
Another one goes out to Carrie, GrannyQ and family, Anael, Honchey, and DD. Isn't it amazing how we can communicate across the world and reach out to those who are in need of support and comfort? And waiting in the wings is QNS as she contemplates the beauty of patience.

Jan-QE perfect block to share!

Honchey what colors are you using in the Relay for Life quilt? So nice of you to share your talents in this group effort.
In regards to the pattern in the library book-take out the patterns. When you are finished, glue a small manilla sized envelope marked with "Pattern pieces" in the back so pattern pieces can be used by the next library patron and stay with the book in an orderly fashion. Library books are to be used. The library staff won't know the difference will they?

"Sigh" mirabelle. So pretty.

GGal your synopsis of the postings have been great! I nodded my head in agreement until the "do it with grace" comment as I missed the last stair step and spilled my hot chocolate all over the floor last night. It sounds like you've been really busy getting fall yard work finished as well as a dwindling WIP/UFO pile

dudlb-great suggestion regarding unpacking from QE! No suggestions for your stabllizer dilemma.

Jeanie your kitchen looks fantastic! What a treat to come back to after your great getaway.

Water, water everywhere. Glad you heard the water before it flooded everything, Jan.

Day 3 of Jury Duty starts on Monday and think we should wrap things up after lunch. My hexi project was a great thing to take along. Met a couple of new quilters while waiting for judge on the first day. Such a great conversation starter. The weather here has been great for November and wished I could be like GGal and spend a couple of days outside. Now it's rainy and cooler. Before the day is over I have bills to pay. Yesterday had 4 of the kiddos here while "mom" and DGS went to a BB tournament. Boys felt pretty good as it was their first outing and got to the championship round, but lost that game. A really bright spot yesterday when mailman delivered a door prize from the Art tour--a beautiful hand knit, homespun wool scarf. Oh sooo soft--perfect to wear under my coat this winter! (My non art sister, BIL, and I went to a couple of the art tour sites.)

So off to get ready for another work day here and a civic duty day tomorrow. Have the Jelly roll bag up and waiting to watch. Thanks!