Old 11-17-2013, 05:51 PM
jaspersu

Originally Posted by jaspersu View Post
I started 2013 by creating a UFO I took off on a paper piecing project, only to discover a long way into it that one of the sections didn't scale correctly when I printed it out. I measured the first page I printed, and thought all the pages would scale the same way. So I have all these sections ready to assemble into nine 12.5 inch blocks, but have to remake "section D" of each block. Hmm. What did I learn from this?? Yeah: measure each print out and then assemble a whole block before making all the sections for 9 blocks.

Trying to figure out how I could use what I have, I rearranged the pieces from a baby quilt layout to a table runner, which makes me closer to a finished product. I think I still have enough fabric for that configuration. I am so discouraged by all the incorrect section D's I can't use, though. I put everything into a box and haven't worked on it for a couple of weeks.
I got this out a couple of weeks ago and made a correct section D. I put one block together. But it is still so discouraging. So I started a completely different project.