Old 11-18-2013, 06:16 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

MidWestern PC'ers ... please check in!! ... We all need to know you are safe and sound.

About midnight the winds got up here with some rain. It was pretty fast and furious, and started to wonder if I should stay in bed? or do something? Hydro went off/on/a few times .... I don't know how long it was off, as I went to sleep but I don't think too long, as the temp in my home was still reasonable this morning when I woke up and the furnace was not on. I am sure there are lots of trees down, with the force of what was going on. This morning it is still pretty windy, but nothing like last night ... more blasts of wind every so often.

JanRN ... Aww shucks!!! I was hoping the turquoise would be pretty much the same as the one that JanieW used. (hhmmmm both Canucks picked up on the turquoise! ) And tried to pick up on the ying-yang look of some of the other blocks you already have.

Honchey ...
And now you have me laughing at the DJ!!!!!!!!! Yeaaaaa for the new neighbour's kindness!! If not the $$, or a gift card, I bet some home baking would be welcomed! Library dilemma ... ITA with OKSGlad, to glue a large envelope inside the back cover, then slide the pattern into it for those that follow. Back is better than the front, as it will stay protected better, being that the back cover gets opened/moved less. Good for you, for helping to organize the RFL quilt fundraiser and I really like the fabric choices. I'm thinking the greens in the Crowning Glory were distributed along with the rust in the log cabin. After that, add your own? My oh My, you have been productive!!! Look forward to seeing your Christmas Wreath done too.

Tissue Paper Stabilizer Update ... I didn't see Honchey's post about the tissue paper, so blindly used it last night. I did have the dual-freed engaged, which does the job of the walking foot. All went well and avoided the gathering that I had been getting in my test run on Friday night. The paper stayed together, and then I just pulled it off, once I was finished sewing. I was doing a fairly wide satin stitch for an overlay of one fabric on the other.

JaniacManiacs ... I'm still in and with the same strategy as JanRN ... no deadlines, when I feel like it, sometimes productivity, sometimes nada!! I have yet to install the CD, so will look to all for instructions/advice when I get to that stage! And I still need to find my background fabric.

OKSGlad ... hope that your hot chocolate tumble did not result in a sprained ankle. Oh what a mess to clean up! Hope that your Jury Duty is done and over today ... and that there;s no chance of a 2nd?

JanRN ... Happy Work Day!!! And let's hope for the one day routine continues.

Anael ... so good to know you are feeling a little more comfortable. What a grand picture of the SewGrands, to end my viewing on this thread!

QNSue ... for your password dilemma ... I have a small address book to keep track of those miscellaneous passwords, names, security questions, etc. I keep it right next to the computer for reference.

Last edited by QuiltE; 11-18-2013 at 06:20 AM.