View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 08:35 AM
ThayerRags

Default Need To Corral My Sewing Tools

I need to figure out a good way to corral my favorite sewing tools when I move from one machine to another, sometimes one room to another, or even outside. I’m not going to be able to furnish all of my cabinets with scissors, thread nippers, screw drivers, hem gauge, seam rippers, marking pens, belt pliers, and the like, especially when it comes to the big Wiss shears. Some of my cabinets and stands don’t have storage drawers on them either, so I need ideas for some kind of tool tote that’s easy to keep up with.

I have a nice box to hold needles and bobbins in re-closable plastic bags. I think it was originally a jewelry box. All of the bags are marked as to the bobbin number and the machines (that I have) that they go to, and the needle information as well. Some machines take the same bobbin as others, but a different needle. Other machines take the same needle, but a different bobbin. I also have my leather belting extensions and belt staples that I made up for switching machine heads in a couple of my treadles. The problem is, my tools won't fit in it with the other stuff.

I use large tools like my carpenter’s square, 25-foot measuring tape, and 3-foot straight edge too, but they’ll have to just have to have a storage spot where I can go get them when I need them. That’s just too much to pack around all of the time.

Anyone got any ideas?

CD in Oklahoma