View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 08:43 AM
Milli

Originally Posted by mpeters1200 View Post
I have always wanted to make a rag quilt and have had NOTHING but problems with this one. I found this pattern and I had a lot of denim material from a deceased friend and I was looking for something to make a memorial quilt with. I've pinned it and here tute looks easy enough: http://www.crystelleboutique.com/1/p...rag-quilt.html

Anyway, I didn't use fleece, I used lumberjack looking flannel plaids. I was having massive problems with the flannel stretching everywhere, so I went ahead and stitched an X in each square. I'm about to start stitching them all together into rows.

Anyway, I am using a jeans needle along with denim thread. Now I don't know if it's the jeans, the thread or the flannel, but I have MASSIVE lint build up around the walking foot, down inside the needle plate, surrounding the drop in bobbin area. It's just everywhere. Is there anything I can do to reduce the build up? Perhaps I should switch thread manufacturers? I know people have issues with C&C, but I use it regularly and have had no problems with it until using the denim thread.

Any suggestions? I'm completely taking everything apart every bobbin change, brushing it all out wiping it all down and starting it again. It has so much build up, that I probably should stop mid-bobbin and clean it out, but that's a real pain.

TIA!
I used a small appliance vacuum, when is made a denim rag quilt.
the problem I ran into was when I washed it it plugged my washing machine, hubby had to take it apart and unplug the hoses and drain, I had to wring out the quilt and hang it over the shower rod to let it drip in the tub.
then drying I clean the lint every ten minutes, but my quilt was a beauty and a hit.
P.S. I used flannel and denim.!