View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 06:08 PM
Roben

I think everyone who is wanting to get involved is a hero! This will be an on-going need for some time to come. A quick internet search pulled up quite a few organizations who coordinate getting things sent out; I would encourage everyone to pick one they are comfortable with. I also know a terrific lady who collects pillowcases that get sent to the hospitals in Germany; pm me if you'd like more info on that.

We're putting cookies, candy, and silly little toys in the stockings - things we think they'll have a few minutes of fun with like soft footballs and such. You bet I'm gonna be haunting the after Christmas sales to stock up for next year! I'm also going to be checking out the sales on Christmas fabric so I can be working on them throughout the year.

We decided to also send things for other holidays as well, so in between finishing up my Christmas sewing I'm already thinking about Valentine's Day - no wonder I'm confused :lol: :lol:

Edited to add: Hubby made me an acrylic stocking template that was awesome for getting these done, so if you know someone handy the template is the way to go!