View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 02:38 PM
ThayerRags

I kind of thought about a leather tool holster that has a waste belt (think electrician), but I haven’t committed to it yet. I could make a separate leather sheath for the large shears I suppose. The trouble is, I don’t think I need to be wearing it all of the time.

I have my Dad’s old horse-shoeing tote made out of wood, about 24 by 18 inches and 4 inches deep, with a large compartment for rasps, nippers, hammers, and clinchers along one side, and 3 small compartments for nails, hoof picks, & frog knives along the other. One side is taller than the other with a hand hold cut into it for handling. It was handy to keep the big heavy tools on one side and the smaller and sharp tools on the other. Of course the frog knife was usually in a pocket on the protective chaps and the hoof pick was in a hip pocket when a big tool got pitched back at the tote. (I used it like he did, from watching him.)

I’m wondering about a pint-sized copy of a horse-shoeing tote, with wood around the sides and a thick leather bottom? It would be similar to the K-Mart tote suggestion, but I could make it the size to just fit my tools. Besides that, all of the new smaller plastic totes that I’ve found lately have holes in the sides.

CD in Oklahoma