View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 05:01 AM
SueSew

Originally Posted by tapper View Post
Yeah, I'm another one working on FMQ...or rather PLANNING to work on FMQ!!
I have sandwiches made....20 (7 or 8") squares, sitting on my little table....fabric/batting/backing, with a few pins to keep the layers stable. They have been siitting there for over a week and I still haven't gotten up enough nerve to start.
Isn't that crazy!!
HAHAHAHA only a week? I had to put my pile of 14" muslin sandwiches out in the hall because ran out of room in the quilting lab. Forgot all about 'em! Monthls later, finished another quilt, now having to dread FMQ again. What is it about PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE I don't understand???

Meanwhile took up hand embroidery and am practicing quilt labels with it, and did my first machine raw-edge applique.

Something about FMQ...too many variables in the materials and equipment? Too hard to correct mistakes with seam ripper? Too hard to live with mistakes I can't rip out? I can't relax enough, maybe? The machine, finally set up, is going smoothly and suddenly... what is that mysterious little tug? Oops my curve is now flat. Did I twitch? BAH!!! I even hate practicing it.