View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 11:43 AM
Jingle
Power Poster

I have a set (designed by me) of upper kitchen cabinets and a set of base kitchen cabinets. I have on the only long wall in my new sewing room. The base cabinets hold a 90" countertop. It is long enough to hold most quilt tops to measure for borders. I have my desk on a short wall. It didn't take long to fill them up. I have two large closets opposite of the cabinets to hold my stash and, batting and containers full of scraps, etc. The countertop is perfect height for me, I'm 5'-7". I just bought a roll around cutting table from Joanns. I can scoot it next to the base cabinets. The thickness of the table fits between the bottom of the countertop and upper edges of the drawers and keeps the table totally secure for cutting. I also use the rolling table to sandwich my quilts. We bought the cabinets at a home center. They are oak cabinets with factory finish. Very nice looking and not expensive.
Sewing rooms and how to set them up is a very personal decision. Mine is now perfect for me and how I use it. I'm sure anyone else would not find it perfect for them and how they would use it.