Old 11-20-2013, 08:04 AM
Neesie

Originally Posted by happylab View Post
is the 1st and oldest puppy, Allie a month ago. She is 5 months old yellow lab now and packed full of energy. She feels she is the number 1 animal in the house. She can trash a living room in less than 5 minutes, if we are not closely monitoring her. This is why I have lost so much of my sewing time. I need to monitor her, but I don't like to crate my dogs. They get free access to most of the house, except my sewing room of courses. That room is off limits to all animals. She is such a good puppy most of the time. She is at the fun age, where she is playing and exploring and is not afraid so much any more.
Cute pups! Why are you opposed to crating? Giving a dog a 'safe place' isn't in any way cruel. Phoebe is snoozing in her (open) crate, right now. She was on my lap but wanted down, and went into her crate. When we have too much noise in the house (loud company or TV), she'll usually put herself to bed, in her crate. I only close the crate door, if I'm going to be away from the house for any length of time (she just snoozes) and when I go to bed. At night, her crate is next to my bed and she'll wake me, if she needs to go out during the night (she's 11 yo). She willingly goes into her crate and just settles herself down, to snooze.