Thread: curious
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 03:40 AM
Skeat

Toni...paper piecing is fun and all should try it at least 3 times:))I started quilting by paper piecing 5" very difficult blocks. OKay, no one told me they were:)). You will find online different bom's or groups that are sewing 'Dear Jane', 'Civil War Love Letters', etc. Many do these 5" blocks by paper piecing. You have to do a search on the above programs, and when you see them-how small-and how many-and the difficult stuff in them...then you have that aha moment:)). It is thinking backwards to paper piece somewhat like looking in the mirror and fixing your hair:0). (BUt, don't base it on that-never worked good for my hair):0)And, remember 1 thing...I use reg computer paper to print my patterns then make my stitch length less so at the end of the story it makes ripping paper easier. Sometimes, depending on the block, you still have to join 'parts' or 'rows' of the paper together and there attention is needed to keep points, rows, etc on target. You will have fun playing with this. Just do a word search out in the cyber world...much info out there. Keep us posted! Skeat