Old 02-28-2008, 03:56 AM
Skeat

Jen if I am playing w/ a more difficult block, I will actually write my 1,2,3,etc out. Plan ahead really helps. In the begininning, with right sides together, you will be sewing on the 1 and 2 line...the one line between them. Make sure that your fabric is 1/4" over the #2 line. For when you flip #2 after sewing to press...there need to be the 1/4" under it. Then at the same time, your #2 fabric should be big enough to cover over it's spot all the way around the line the same. Then #3is right sidedown, w/2..sew...again 1/4" should be past the line and all the way around 3 and so on. coverage is the key here. and also planning ahead on some. Don't forget to make your stitch length smaller for when you are done w/the block and are ready to rip...the ripping goes quick:)). Keep us posted...paper piecing is fun...and, I would really suggest printing a freebie learning one from cyberland (do a free paper piece pattern search) to get the hang of it. Hope I helped and didn't confuse you worse:))Skeat....keep us posted! (Use a good lamp or window to see thru your paper)