View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 07:35 PM
nancia

Aileen, i love looking at art works, too. I won't be copying but doing my version from his inspiration. I especially like the sweep of yellow! I've taken a picture with my ipad so will try to load it? This is the inspiration, NOT my work. Right now I'm battling constant headache and double vision, so I'm not making anything at present.
This is a painting by kupka a friend of leger. The one i saw at the exhibit was a little different, but this maintains the inspiration and flavor of the other.
An artist who is fun to follow is Mondrian . His paintings are very graphic and easy to re-create or follow as an inspiration. He was also a contemporary of leger. Have fun!
Dottie, I'm sorry i hit the sore spot. Dd , i think, was talked to by her brother, and the second visit was totally different. Very pleasant. I have been having some issues with a headache and double vision. Tomorrow is the MRI to rule out brain tumor. If that's what it is they can fix it. Right now that's all i care about. I' m more concerned they won't find a cause. That's the worst case scenario!
I admit my feelings were hurt that she didn't want my gift, but i raised her to be kind and honest and i think she was trying to be both. Tough situation , but everybody lived! Hope your dd and sil can hold it together. It is a difficult situation, i know from having been there. My tongue looks like cube steak from biting it so much. Every word has the weight of a sledgehammer . I wish them the best!
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Last edited by nancia; 11-20-2013 at 07:54 PM.