Old 11-20-2013, 08:44 PM
grant15clone

Ah! Indeed, and well said Steve. I was asked a direct question and I gave a direct answer. I tend to be long winded on my explinations so I was trying to be breif in my answer. I apologise.
As far as my choice of cleaners goes, I will stick to car wax. I know that I have been Poo Poo'd before, but for me, it just makes sense. I was employed as a painter of automotive finishes at one time in my lifetime, and learned a lot about those finishes. I have taken that learning experience and applied it to the finishes on sewing machines. I know that they are designed to preserve the finish so that is where I started. I have had outstanding results in my opinion and will not change what is not broken. It may take longer with my product of choice to get the desired results, but I see no need for change. I have NEVER damaged a machine's finish. I have heard multiple horror stories about this product or that method, and maybe I have just been dumb lucky, but it works for me. I was asked, and I answered honestly. Can I explain everything and why I do things and for what reason? Sure. But it will be even more long winded than this explination for what I said by trying to be breif. I sincerely hope that I have not offended anyone. But that is what I used. Car wax and SMO.
G.