Old 11-21-2013, 09:28 AM
Janice McC

Joan, Just came back from the post office and when I brought them an envelope for mailing and requested tracking, they immediately said I needed to send Priority for $5.60. I asked about other options and was told Priority was the only choice. I questioned that, mentioning your comments about the mail you send, and he and his co-worker looked at me like I had two heads! LOL. A discussion ensued and certified mail was brought out as an option for guaranteeing delivery but not for tracking purposes. Now mind you, these are two postal workers who've been there for years, not newbies. So, I'm at a loss. I'll review the USPS website and will let everyone know if I discover something. Anyone with more info about the free tracking, PLEASE pm me. Thanks! As for the responsibility, I'm comfortable with it. I know myself well enough to know that I'll take care of your F8s and blocks better than my own. Besides, in for a penny, in for a pound...
Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
Janice I am amazed that someone would want all that responsibility but am SO glad you stepped up and agreed to get Boom 11 going! I sent you my information for 2 small FAST or l large FAST group.
I just called my post master here in little Fayette Mo...He said the size of my envelopes and the fact I bring them into the PO to have them weighed gets me free tracking. If you just dropped them in the outside box or put your own stamps on them there wouldnt be a tracking number but since they have to process it they DO provide free tracking, you might have to ask them for it.... I can mail the same envelope, same weight in Boonville Mo and they charge more postage and dont like to mess with them..thank God for small towns!