Old 11-21-2013, 03:46 PM
QuiltingNinaSue

It is strange that we do not think of farming/gardening in Alaska, but in the one belt they do a great job in a short season. Also greenhouse may cover up to some 9 acres to grow in a longer season inside. They do produce giant pumpkins if they can keep the moose out of the patch and the cabbages. Moose will stalk down the rows stomping every pumpkin or cabbage in the row. I love the trade off of Hawaii and Alaska products year around in Alaska.

Yes, Anael, I sent my blocks ahead of time in my confusion (more than a month ago) and not sure if I sent out the right one or not this month, so will watch as I clean up the quilt room (to see if I need to forward another block to same person) and convert it to a bedroom over the holiday.

I am officially cleared to quilt. Vision in right eye is 20/20. Yes, I will have to wear reading glasses to read or sew probably, the dime store variety that is 2.0 to 2.25 lenses. No scars no blemishes, and its healed very well. to the nurses and doctors who do wonders in eye surgery.

Warning to those North and East of me: take care, its icing and raining here moving in from Iowa in a wide band...its terrrible in Des Moines, Iowa....so please take heed, folks! Stay home and keep warm.