View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013, 07:58 AM
asimplelife

I really like this idea wildyard! I wonder how many fabrics I could find for my DH... something to think about as I rearrange my stash over the winter. We have our 30th coming up in June so I have some time. Congratulations to you and yours!

Today's finish is a special one. In January I set a goal of finishing a UFO a week in 2013 and this is UFO Finish #52!!

Arkansas Crossings is from the book "Quilts From the Heart" by Karin Renaud and this is the 4th UFO I've finished from her book so let's just say it is one of my favorites for scrappy inspiration! I have some leftover 4 patches and lots more 2" squares so I'll be starting another one. Such a fun pattern.

I'm including a 2nd photo which shows the quilting better. As I was starting to trim it for binding I wasn't happy with how the white X's looked (they were kind of "poofy" compared to the patchwork squares) so I decided to add the diagonal lines down the center of the X's which added so much I thought. I'm getting more confident at making quilting decisions and that feels great!
Attached Thumbnails p1050086.jpg   img_1389.jpg