View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013, 11:41 AM
tessagin
Power Poster

I went to a luncheon at a quilt guild just recently. I was invited, verbally but personally and even then said Ok Thank You. I asked should I bring anything; "no". Ok. When I got there the person who invited me never showed up. Everyone asked why I was there and replied by invitation and gave the person's name. The invitation was only 4 days prior. The gal who invited me had quit the guild in the meantime and never let me know. She was an officer in the guild. I was "gently" asked to leave because it was a "private luncheon". When I contact the gal who invited me, she laughingly apologized. I let her know how humiliated I was. I recognized and knew a couple of the members of the guild and said hello. Their only response was "hi" and right away I felt shunned. No more guild for me. I saw one of the members yesterday and asked why everyone was so stand offish. Her response was they really didn't want someone who was associated with the gal who invited me. I told her she could extend my comments back to her guild that I really didn't want to be around those who would not see newcomers as individuals who would only compliment their group.