View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013, 07:58 PM
SandyinZ4

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Sandy if you didn't take the whole bobbin case out do that too, lots of lint gets under there. Some of the things I do ....bobbin case first, clean tension discs for lint, be sure and do this with a small brush or dental floss, just a tiny bit can get in there and really screw up a machine, re-thread the machine, new needle and new bobbin. Sometimes it's just the bobbin itself that in some way was wound wrong. If all that fails, I start from zero on the tension adjustment and then keep turning it tighter just a little at a time, sew a little distance and check it, turn some more, sew, etc. and see if it will reset itself that way. Maybe one of these will help.
Hi Jaba and everyone, I have an inexpensive Viking that is about 10 years old. I clean my bobbin case out religiously, take my machine in for deep cleaning once a year, (just took it in this past July)and fortunately, I do not have tension discs to clean lint out of, nor do I have to oil my machine. My bobbins are all wound correctly because I mark which side is out when I wind the bobbin so that is always right. I really like owning it because it is such a simple machine. But today was such a nice day that we decided to take it to the shop (55 miles one way) and see if they could figure out what was wrong. It still sewed wonky when they tried it so they kept it and will see what is wrong. They said that it is still a machine and sometimes, something gets out of place. So I may not have it back for two weeks (Uggh!) because of turkey day being in the middle of next week. So, good thing Linda/Brat is not in a hurry for me to work on her quilt top. Will give me time to figure out what to do. I am thinking stars for my border part but have not settled on that for sure as of yet. So, while I wait for it to get back, I can get the fabrics figured out for my DGD's quilt that must be started soon!