Thread: Re-sizing a rug
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 05:22 AM
sparkys_mom

Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
What about those carpet tiles I always see on home dec tv programs? Haven't used them myself, but the decorators always say they are easy and cheap, plus you have a lot of options -- can go plain or create a pattern.

As I recall, custom binding a carpet is fairly expensive. My sister had it done years ago, and she mentioned the cost of the binding was quite a shock. She needed a specific size.
I love my carpet tiles. I needed to cover as much of the floor in this room as possible to give my dog some 'traction'. Ready made rugs were either too big or too small. She can go online to FLOR.com and see the options available. I used their free decorator service - there is a number to call. With that service, if you don't like it or it is the wrong size you can send it back - they pay the return freight. As it happened, there was a problem with mine. I called, loaded the tiles I didn't want in one of the boxes it came in and took it to UPS and it was done. It is a great service and my dog really likes it.
Attached Thumbnails p1010109.jpg