Old 11-24-2013, 06:33 AM
gardnergal970

Boy do I have a lot of camera work to do! I got my MB from DD yesterday....and to me she is Dear Damsel..and I love it. I also have two quilts and my SYE blocks to photo and post. Can you tell I don't take to the interruption well? My sewing room has been humming. I have only one block of my Ocean Waves to do and it will be ready to sew the rows together and for the border. It's such a fun pattern to look at by the way it seems to change by how you look at it but I don't plan to do another one!
QNS...I'm so glad your surgery was successful. What a relief for your.
JanRN...too bad you can't just plug the DJ software into the S16 and put it all on automatic! I might use DJ for some piecing peace of mind but if I do, I think I will do it in two colors. I loved the red and white one I shared with you guys the other day.
Honchey...I'm glad you didn't forget the MB. I've got to get mine in the mail.
Anael...I bet the grands were happy to see you at their house too! Nice to hear that the sewing machine is again your friend.
so many preparations for Thanksgiving. What is your favorite memory about Thanksgiving from your youth? Mine...we had these little pilgrim and turkey candles that I got to take out of the box and put around the centerpiece Mom would let me help make. It was all fresh fruit and would include bananas and seedless grapes...which was a twice a year treat...along with apples from my Grandfather's orchard. Of course the candles were never lit and got pretty banged up but they meant Thanksgiving for me. I think the important memory is working with Mom to make our ordinary farm house table look beautiful for the family.