View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 08:31 AM
Vera39760

My church has a group of ladies that get together weekly to do charity projects. Our ages range from mid 30's to 96 years old. The 96 year old lady started the group several years ago. She kept saying she was tired of talking, I hope we can do something to help other people. We named our group Lorena's Hope. We mainly make quilts but, we make things people need going on mission trips also. There have been as many as 16 of us, but probably 10 are there every week. I enjoy it. We bring a pot luck dish. Our church secretary and another lady, not interested in sewing, get lunch ready for us every week. Our pastor's wife comes in around noon with a dish. The pastor, ass.pastor (my DH) and any other members working on the church join us for lunch.
I had to move my Mom in with us. She cannot be left alone. She has had several strokes. I've been able to talk her into going 3 times in 2 years. That keeps me home now and I miss it. DH comes home to stay with Mom when he can, but often he is at the hospital with a family or needed somewhere during that time. I've thought about asking a couple of ladies if they would like to get together in my home on another day, but I have room for 4 machines and I'm afraid it could cause hurt feelings. So now I go when I can and thank God for the extra time He has given us together. And that Mom's mind has not been effected.
I read on here everyday and enjoy the people here. I post occasionally but mainly read and think I have to try that. This board has added quilts to my list and I have learned many things.