Thread: Life with a cat
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 11:18 AM
quiltmau

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
I beg of you PLEASE do not declaw your kitten!!!

It is the equivilent of amputating your finger at the first joint below the fingernail.

Let me give you a few bullets on how barbaric and horrendous declawing is:

It is outlawed in almost every country in the world! The US and Canada are the only few that still do it. Why? Because it is a cash cow procedure for vets.

Declawing is so painful to the animal that pharmaceutical companies use that procedure more than any other to test the efficacy of vetrinary pain killers

Finally, I urge you to go read this essay written by a vet technician on what it is like working "behind the scenes" and seeing, first hand what a horrific and barbaric procedure this is
http://declaw.lisaviolet.com/declawvettch.html

Edited to add a 2001 study revealed 33% of declawed cats developed behavior problems after surgery (18% biting and 15% house-soiling)

Try interactive play with your kitten. Da Bird is a great toy for active felines. Provide LARGE STABLE cat trees for climbing and scratching. Teach your cat to fetch for hours of interactive play and bonding. Please don't declaw your cat.

EDUCATE DON'T AMPUTATE!!!!
Please listen to this lady-I had a cat declawed and it was the worse thing I could have done!! DO de-sex but pleasedo not declaw!