Old 11-24-2013, 07:55 PM
stillclock

Default i need some....quiltboard wisdom and opinions.

hey

i've been working on and off on a quilt for my very very much beloved gran. i pieced it up in a pretty short time and then started hand quilting (you know..she's my gran and i wanted something really really special for her.)

so i have one more dragonfly in the centre of one more block to hand quilt. that's three more hours and then the sashing and blocks are all done.

but when i designed the quilt i put a 10" border on it because there's an amish cable i have always wanted to do.

now my gran is 89. and the last year hasn't been great. and i really want to give this to her at christmas.

i might be able to get it done by hand, but i might not. straight line quilting is a lot faster than fussy, hoop turning detailed motif quilting, but not THAT much faster....

i want you guys to either encourage me to keep stitching by hand or to git 'er dun and machine quilt the cable.

i am just spent but i don't want to regret m y decision either way. i figure if i can hear what you guys think it will strengthen my resolve one way or the other.

thank you. so much.

aileen