View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013, 06:08 AM
Elisabrat

a happy scrappy quilt Sandy? love the cat idea just saw a really cool one on line she did a black and white checkered thing then appliqued a walking cat on the top and one coming from another angle on the bottom.. really liked that one might just have to try it myself

I had a good visit with Alex and cried when he left. I sure hate crying it is something I try hard not to do for some reason. We went to the brewery for lunch only to discover they don't make beer yet. big old vats all shiny for decoration I guess. so he had a bottled beer some awful stout thing and liked it just fine. I am so happy he went out and spent the day with Steve,, shooting, fishing and he was so happy to go do it mens town I think.

I am now going to finish Jabas rounds. I have 9 more blocks to sew together then I can sew the rows together and tada! I stopped yesterday to work on a quick other project I needed to finish so today its all your quilt Jan. I think it should come out rather nice all in all. praying it does anyways

what are all of you up to? I hope your not going to go crazy over thanksgiving cooking and cleaning. the cleaning part always bums me out lol. I am making a turkey breast and stuffing, sweet potatoes , green beans and mashed taters..figure I can make half of the stuff the day before. Its a clinic day for me (no rest for the sick) and figure I will be plum tired. I am having a man from the clinic over for dinner. He didn't have anywhere to go so I couldn't let that go. I am sure we will have an enjoyable dinner. Then I can nap which if you know me, is a high priority on my clinic days..

Sandy can you post for us the things you can make with scraps that you mentioned. You said you gave a talk on using scraps.. now curiosity has poked its ugly head out. especially those little tiny scraps..