View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013, 11:27 AM
Just Jan

Originally Posted by sewplease View Post
Fantastic! I want one now but have no space.
Not a problem... Take a piece of plywood and cover one side for an ironing board then flip it over and make the other side your cutting board. Another idea is to make the ironing board and lay it on top of a cabinet then when you are not using it stand it upright in a closet. I am in the process of re-doing my sewing studio and I went to the thrift store and purchased a rolling TV cart and put my ironing table on top of that. It moves around easily so I can push it in front of my design wall or over on the other wall where I have an electrical outlet, and can also move it along my machine when I need it to hold the bulk of a quilt I am quilting on my domestic machine. It came with locking casters. Think I paid $6 for it. And another thing I like about this one is that on days when my legs are bothering me, I can just roll my chair over and sit and iron. Also if you have a handy person you could make the board and hinge one end to the wall and use fold down support leg like those in rv's, to fold it out of the way when you don't need it.

I made my first one 60" long but found it was longer than I needed and became a junk collector spot, so this time I made it 50" long and love it.