Old 11-25-2013, 02:21 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Cathieinut View Post
Need some "expert" advice.
The cleaning of my Singer 27 went well and hubby has it working nicely now it's my turn. I used the manual and know how to thread it but the shuttle/bobbin situation has be stumped.
I watched some Youtubes on how to wind the bobbin-check did that right but when it comes to loading the bobbin into the shuttle...there is a problem
I insert the wound bobbin into the opening and then pull the thread straight down the slot and try to pull it straight up through the tension thing and it just comes right back up the slot again.
I loosened the screw to see if it was too tight but other than finding a bit of thread wrapped around it, which I removed, didn't make a difference to get the thread under the tension thing.
Sigh...
So any suggestions from here? I can try a photo but since I am down to only my cell phone for pictures it might not be too clear but I can try.
I was so excited to get treading and now am at a standstill! Maybe I should have gone for the White with a rotary bobbin which I am familiar with first.
Muv has the best info on that stuff on her blog.