Old 11-26-2013, 09:27 AM
janRN

Jeanie, what great gifts! If you get a chance when you finish one, I'd love to see it all quilted and lit up.

QE, that's a very special and lovely block from Mirab. What a nice addition to your MB quilt-it's going to be so soft and pretty.

Anael, what a beautiful family you have. I just have to smile when I see those beautiful blue eyes. I like your Christmas JR quilt and I agree it needs another border. Do you have any of the light blue with Santas left? I'd like that or a red border.

Carrie, I've never used those pp squares but at that price I'd try them. I use copy paper; at work we get tons of faxes with cover sheets or duplicate pages. As long as there's nothing on them that identifies a patient, they save all of them for me. In the past month, I've brought home a stack of "wasted" paper that's at least 2" high. I also bought some Carol Doak pp paper but haven't tried it yet--don't need to as long as I collect the copy paper from work.

I'm working in the Bat Cave today--snowing like crazy here. I made "Alaska" from the 50 Fab stars book and I trimmed off the 4 corners to make it an octagon. I'm going to finish it as a 12" candle mat for a quick grab bag gift I need. I love those blocks.