Old 11-26-2013, 10:05 AM
J Miller

Good Will is not in the same league as Salvation Army and The Red Cross. They are making money hand over fist to the point of simply throwing out many of the items donated due to various silly reasons. My wife worked for them recently for several days and saw a lot of good items tossed. Employees are prohibited from buying or rescuing anything during their shifts or for two hours afterwords. The stuff tossed went into a compactor 40' long.

I consider the use of shill bidding as dishonorable and dishonest. That is why I posted this. What ever GW gets, it's free money for them. The items are donated and cost them nothing. So there is no need to employ shill bidders.

Year before last we saw the same shill bidder at work. We outed him to GW corporate and of course they denied it was possible. But strangely enough that bidder disappeared and we've never seen them since. Coincidence?

That said, I'll continue to bid on things I want, but I'll post one bid as close to the end of the auction as my computer can.