View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013, 04:44 AM
Bneighbor

My family and I are at odds because of a family situation that I have decided to take control of. I spend hours a day on the phone with doctors, social workers etc. I am tired of the drama the family causes. Above all of this, I am expected to jump in the car and drive an hour to sit there and then be scrutinized for my choices. So husband and I decided to start another family tradition...we invited two couples who have no family to share this holiday with. The gals have divided up the meal, I am doing the turkey/dressing, the sweet potatoes and cranberry sauce. The other two gals are doing the potatoes, beans,appetizers, treats, bread and desert. Guys are in charge of the refreshments. I embroidered special aprons for the two gals, each with designs that reflect their personalities. I even monogrammed new dinner napkins. I am using one set of my finest china, antique flatware and silver. I am so looking forward to Thanksgiving. I will miss seeing my parents and will stop by today to make sure they don't need anything, mom is ok with what I am doing this year. I will not miss the drama, and I will not allow them to make me feel bad for making this decision.