Old 11-27-2013, 09:29 AM
quiltingcandy

Your note made me think of the weekends I had planned to sit and read a book or sew because my husband was going to be out of town and my daughters would come over "to keep me company." It was too hard to turn them away since I was happy that my girls wanted to spend time with me and actually worried about me be lonely. Decided there was going to be plenty of time in this life to sew and read but one never knows when we see each other again.

When we celebrated my parents' 50th wedding anniversary I realized it had been 27 years since all 5 of us had been together. When I got married at 19, I moved 1300 miles away, yes I had been back to visit, but my 2 sisters still weren't getting along very well, so we would visit each separately. And I had gone 13 years without seeing my grandmother, because she stopped traveling due to age and I let my husband talk me out of vacationing in Kansas. Once I realized what was happening I told him he had a choice to come with me or not, but I was going. We don't live forever.

So hope you have a great time and never regret the time spent together.