View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013, 08:43 PM
Capri

Default My Design Board

I bought a business executive's desktop planning calendar that is thick card and already folded in half. Folded over, it's A3 size and you can just make out the black line borders from the card through the fleece. I have seen some that use sandpaper but it's hard to buy it this size now so I just used some polar fleece that I already had. I measured the inside to the fold of the card only covering one half, wrapped it under then over and left an extra 2 inches for the frame so it covered all the back and wrapped to the inner side by 2 in. I stitched the sides to make a pillow slip type cover for it out of polar fleece. On the left inside, I cut out a square so that the fleece made a frame around the edges. That way, any blocks I was working on won't slip when it's shut. The right inside is all fleece that I'd glued down and that's the working area (A3 size). I made a velcro closure strap then I stitched it all inside out then slid the cover in place and glued down with Bostick glue stick - not even hotfix. No need to bind and sooo quick and easy I don't know why I didn't think of it before! The longest time was doing the applique for the front which, of course, I cut out backwards which is why the Bs and Ks are upside down! Don't need pins and nothing slips when it's closed/carried and I use it mostly on landscape so that the lid is away from me and doesn't get in my way. I just forgot to put on a handle.....sigh....[ATTACH=CONFIG]448970[/ATTACH].[ATTACH=CONFIG]448968[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]448969[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails left-side-landscaped.jpg   flap-closure-frame.jpg   right-side-strip-folded-up-frame-attached.jpg