View Single Post
Old 11-28-2013, 05:35 AM
mpspeedy2

I have most of mine stored in plastic lidded boxes made for that purpose. They have pins to hold each spool. I also have an antique cabinet with 6 shallow drawers that are just right for the skinny spools to lay down in. It even has a little window on the front of each side of the long drawer that holds a little card to indicate what color thread is in their section. I probably have a thread collection that cost a thousand or more dollars. I don't embroidery nearly as much as I used to. I will admit I am lazy and hate to keep changing the thread. I have gotten in the habit of using variegated thread for most of the embroidery work I do now. My youngest grandchildren are now 16 and I have given up hope that I will have any grandchildren from our youngest daughter. Most of my clothing that I embroidered over the years I am still wearing. I actually own two stand alone embroidery machines. The first is Bernina's original one and the second is a Brother that uses the same PES format. I have a small fortune tied up in software some of which I have never used. I don't care for sewing machines that can be converted to embroidery as I can not sew while they are doing that task. With my present set up I can be embroidering two things while still sewing on something else.