Old 11-28-2013, 07:30 PM
Grandma Cindy

I recently got two machines, that in shipping were absolutely ruined..... Could they not have a person with more sense do the packing?

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
A couple weeks ago I bid on a 15 clone on Good Will auctions. The machine had no light, case, or cord set / controller so I wasn't going to bid high.
What I wanted was the motor. It's a brand I have found to be very strong and torquey.

I bid the minimum bid the day before the end of the auction. Then just before the end a shill bidder bid just over my minimum bid. I told my wife this person just bought themselves a machine -- but we'd see it again because that bidder was a shill. I was right, it's back in today.

I've seen at least a half dozen machines go with only two bids only to show up a week or two later. So the shill bidders are bidding the GW auctions up.

Do not let yourself get drawn into a bidding war. Set your maximum bid amount and do not go over it.

I may, or may not go after that machine again. But if I do, I will only bid the minimum bid as close to the end of the auction as my slow dial up will allow.

Joe

Last edited by Grandma Cindy; 11-28-2013 at 07:38 PM.