Old 11-29-2013, 08:10 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Here's hoping that you all enjoyed your turkeys and festivities yesterday!
And for those that ventured out today, that you were not trampled!

There were several Black Friday Sales here ... to try to keep our people home and buy local instead of doing cross-border shopping (I'm about a 2 hour drive from the border). I noticed one company had Red Thursday yesterday, with Black Friday weekend to follow. From the news tonight, none of the mania south of the border ... and too, none of the ridiculously low prices, but still some good deals.

I went to a Black Friday sale this afternoon at the Jobber where I buy a lot of my fabric plus just about anything else you want can be purchased there. Anything with black, was 50% off (excluding packaging, and selvage on the fabrics). Their advertisement said, it only had to have a speck of black and it was in ... so that made room for lots of fabrics that while not "black", they do have some, don't they? Looked like a lot of B+W quilts are going to be made, from the bolts that had been pulled, but not re-shelved as well as a lot of Christmas fabrics. I got a couple of pieces of black I wanted/needed; some cow spotted fleece and a new olfa 6"x12" ruler! Not a lot of people there, but they were busier than normal.

CarrieM ... I sure would like to join your 50 Stars, but I vowed I was going to get my WIPs/PhDs in line. I'm still committed to doing the Spikes, even though I have not started. I think that will be a Christmas time project for me. Then there is DJ that has been calling. So I will miss out on fun on the Starship Enterprise!!! Good for you for getting those sandwiches made! Just might be a new family tradition!

MiraB ... good grief ... nothing like a super detailed challenge to "whip" up! With your Christmas being a week later due to MrMiraBs work schedule, does this mean that you have an extra week to work on it? Hope so!!

Anael ... wonder where that came from? Perhaps those two kitties are KK and his alter-ego PP!!!!! ... and here you are laughing at it!

Me? ... tired ... thus why the few replies here! Alas ... I can say that McFr♥sty is done ... except for his label and wood hanging bar. My home and Christmas tree are both decorated. Now tomorrow the original Fr♥sty will return to his owners. We're meeting 1/2 way for a lunch GTG and I'll do some shopping. Then home again and get in gear to get all the last minute To Do's done, and suitcase packed before I leave on Sunday. Too busy ... but I am SO thankful that the Christmas things are done now ............ except I still have all my wreaths and swags to make when I come back. At least, that's ALL and my extra time can be spent gaining my sanity .... via sewing!