View Single Post
Old 11-30-2013, 06:03 AM
PaperPrincess
Power Poster

I've had mine for 15 + years. Originally, I purchased it for the semi-professional paper crafting work I did, so I was all set up for my new hobby. I can tell you it's very sturdy, I have cut literally tens of thousands of items, both paper and fabric. My quilting die purchases have been concentrated on the geometrics: squares, triangles & strips, although I did splurge on the winding ways die. You can get an adaptor shim that will let you use less expensive GO! dies, so if there is a die you think you will use infrequently, get the less expensive GO! version. If you go to accuquilt's sister site: accucut craft, you can also purchase an adaptor that will also let you use the sizzix quilting and paper dies. On the craft side site, they sell smaller machines which are NOT SUITABLE for precise cutting (paper or fabric). They use a different cutting mechanism that can allow the material being cut to shift. The Craft side's GrandeMark is the same cutter as the Studio. If you want to use the long strip dies, you will need to purchase the longer tray. Also, get extra cutting plastic. The quickest way to wear out a plastic is to cut over and over in the same spot, so try and position the plastic in a slightly different place each time, flip the plastic over end for end and use both sides.
For me, the bottom line is more accuracy in my cuts. I can't imagine cutting curves (that will fit together) using a rotary cutter & template. Speed is just the added bonus.