View Single Post
Old 11-30-2013, 08:27 AM
jcrow

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

Originally Posted by sharoney View Post
I've had Rowentas- they were all POS. Had a Bose that was great but just quit working after 2 years. I have 2 B & D's, but they spit too much. I bought a Shark but got tired of it turning itself off, and such a small water tank that I had to refill it constantly, then it started spitting and spewing water everywhere. So I went to a professional tailor's supply online shop and bought a tailor's iron. It gets SUPER hot, doesn't turn itself off, and has a separate water tank that holds a gallon of water that I hang from the ceiling. If I don't want to use the water tank I don't have to; I can just use a spray bottle. The thing I like best about it is how hot it gets. I'm finally happy. Plus it only cost about $100.
I have one of these finally and am so happy with it. The iron is so light because there is no water in it. It's in the tank. The holes are small so I can use it for applique instead of getting out my dry iron all the time. I wish I would have bought this iron years ago and saved myself all that headache and money on crappy expensive and cheap irons. My iron is a DeLonghi and cost $149. I wish it were only $100. But it's worth the money. I've had no problems at all with it. It doesn't spit - it gets very hot and gets all the wrinkles out. And it being so lightweight is nice on my arm.