View Single Post
Old 11-30-2013, 01:52 PM
discojoy

Default Singer 66-1 presser foot height?

Hello, I have had an old treadle 1918 Singer model 66-1 for a few years, but didn't use it until yesterday. It needed a few parts to get going, and my husband finally got it all put together and oiled & cleaned. I had a lot of fun sewing with it yesterday, it works great, though I do need more practice to make my stitches straight. I did made a tote bag yesterday to try it out. My main problem is that the presser foot is not very high when it is up. It is just high enough to slip the fabric under the foot, and when I get to a part that has 4 layers of fabric, it was hard work to jam it all under the foot, even when it is raised up all the way. I am wondering if there is a way to adjust the height? Or is this just the way the old machines are? Mine is a 66-1 that still has the foot that attaches on the back, so I don't have many options for feet. I don't want to mess with replacing the whole shaft so I can use different feet. My machine didn't come with the foot, but I found the right foot on ebay. I have been searching the web for answers, but haven't found any yet. Any advice will be appreciated, thank you!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]449323[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails cimg6035.jpg