Thread: scrap question
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 03:10 PM
Tiffany

Originally Posted by omak
My avatar is made up of many scraps I saved from other projects, and some strips that I cut too many of, and little tiny triangles that were cut off other projects ...
My biggest challenge in keeping scraps is when and how to get them into an actual quilt!
And, now I have more people giving me their scraps!
Remember that ad: Give it to Mikey ... he will eat anything! :?

well, with me is: give it to Mary .. she will use it someplace <g>.
One time I was making a ton of flying geese and HST ... I took a little decorative jar and put all the "dog ears" into the jar, sealed it up when it was full and use it as a knick knack!
If you go up to search at the top of this page, type "scrap" into the box, you will find a ton of ideas and pictures to whet your appetite <g>
<wave>
Hey, I do the same thing. I save all my little dog ears and put them in a jar. Well, jars now. I want to go buy one of those lamps that you can fill with stuff and fill it full of all the little dog ears I've saved over the years. My FIL (Father-in-law) said I should sell them in decorative jars & he'd pay $10 for it. Well, guess who got one of my full jars along with his quilt? He was thrilled and now whenever someone sees it they ask how they can get one. :?

I save anything that's about an inch. I plan on making a postage stamp quilt one day and I've got quite a collection of those little one inch squares.