View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 04:50 PM
redquilter

Originally Posted by marty_mo
I'm still in the comparison phase for all three units so at this point I am not sold on a particular reader nor leaning towards a certain one. Without going back through the post to find the exact post...there was advice to "stay away from the Sony" but if I recall correctly the person also the comment that he or she is not a "techy" person...so I shall continue comparing. I'm picking up some interesting info here and hope that more are forth coming.

Quilt books and magazines on an eReader....nope I have to have a real book or pattern. lol
I'm the one who was not happy with Sony. True, I'm not techy, but my daugher is. She teachers technology! She agreed that it's not terribly user friendly. She asked around and all her techy friends said the Kindle is the best. It's user friendly and it can read to you! Right now I'm annoyed with the whole thing, but if I do decide to get one, I'll get the Kindle. Then I can "read" a book while I sew! That's why I like books on tape - I pop one in when going on a long car trip - usually hubby does all the driving, so I can knit, read a book and get where I want to go - all at the same time! The only thing better than doing 2 things at once, is doing 3 !