View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 05:39 PM
dunster
Power Poster

Default Quilters Dream Deluxe Poly batt

Some time in the past (probably at an after-Christmas sale) I bought a kingsize Quilters Dream Deluxe poly batt - that's the heaviest poly batt they make. (I didn't realize this at the time.) Now I am trying to decide whether to use it on the latest quilt. I unwrapped the batt, and it's wonderfully soft, but it's also very thick, and I'm concerned because my quilt is already going to be pretty heavy. It's large, for one thing - about 106" square - and it's a traditional log cabin with 1" finished logs, so there are lots of seams adding to the weight. I have other batting on hand - Warm and Natural, or a thinner poly - I even have wool and silk batts, but I've been saving them for something more "special." So I'm wondering... any opinions out there? I haven't decided where this quilt will be going, but I don't want it to be so heavy that it takes a fork lift to move it around. On the other hand, the quilting will show up really nicely on this batt. (So maybe I should save it for a whole cloth quilt, or a modern quilt, or ???)