Thread: initial set up
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 06:43 PM
peachs

hatchet - i like the idea of dual purpose. i can't really attach too much to walls, or do any real apartment-remodeling since we rent, but i like the idea of a cutting table that i can tuck away.

tartan - i don't really have anywhere to put tall cupboards. the only solid wall where we're looking at putting things is just big enough for the design/basting wall, and there are windows all along the adjacent wall...the only windows in the diningroom...but i'll look at how i can possibly rearrange and see if anything else is possible. thank you for the suggestion!

hopetoquilt - i love the idea of simplicity. that'll also make it easier to move if that would become necessary (you know, apartment life, kind of have to be ready for that possibility). i've invested in a 12x18 mat and (for a class) i had to get an 18x24 mat. as far as rulers, i've got a 12x3.5 and 6x24. the class, tho i had to buy the larger ruler and mat for it, was most helpful bec the instructor taught us to use those basics for most of our cutting. i'd like to learn some more techniques for using what i have to cut different angles. i'd like to use what i have instead of buying a million of everything.

also, initially i was thinking i'd be saving money by buying remnants of fabric when i found it (and on sale), but i would probably save more by not buying fabric i'm not using. so thank you for that suggestion.

i really appreciate your brainstorms. more! please! and thank you!