Thread: Ott Lights
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 09:32 AM
fireworkslover

I have a table model that will either clamp onto the edge of your table or use a weighted base. The base is how I use mine. My lamp has a 26" long neck and the bulb is about 8" long. I have not been able to find another lamp that has such a long neck and gives off so much wonderful light. I use this over my sewing machine. There are two places you can adjust, so you can tip it up or down at the base or up by the light fixture. It's very easy to adjust exactly how you want it. When I bought this 14 years ago, I also got a replacement bulb. I've been thinking for several years now, maybe I'll need that bulb, but the original hasn't burned out yet. I use this lamp just about everyday for many hours. I'm amazed it has lasted so long. Very much well worth the price I paid. I also have a floor model over my ironing table. This one's fixture isn't as long, so don't have the same light output, but it works for me. Last year I bought a knock off brand to have another lamp on my cutting table. It works OK, but since it doesn't have the long neck, it's not the same as my table Ott-Lite.