Thread: initial set up
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 10:10 AM
Letty

Originally Posted by peachs View Post
my husband and i live in a one bedroom apt, so there's no extra rooms for making a sewing room. he's graciously agreed to allow me to 'take over' the dining room, but since it's such a central area of the apt, i need a set up i can tuck away when we have company. oh yes, and budget is a big limitation.

i'm currently using the dining table (which is very small, round) for my sewing table. we have plans to build me a cabinet for my machine, just waiting for funds for that; i have plans for a design/basting wall (it was actually his idea to let me have a complete wall in the dining room!), but again, still collecting funds.

i have a couple organizer drawers for things such as fabric, rulers, rotary cutters, patterns, etc, and i have a very small 'stash' still, but i'd like ideas for organizing the space, and hiding things away when they're not in use. i guess basically i'm asking for brainstorming ideas.

thanks so much! have a great day!
Oh bless you,it is good that your husband is backing you.I found that putting things like cutting boards behind bookcases and fabrics in boxes under furniture helped.My friends --who came every week to my home for a two hour get together used to be taken aback at where I stored my stuff. They all had much bigger houses but admitted they were happier coming to me for the 'ambience', not sure that is the correct spelling- but you get the idea. Good luck to you and enjoy my love. Letty. x